I’ll keep this post short and let the video do the talking. This twelve minute video will walk through three different Lambda examples and investigate the payloads of each. The goal is to get developers and system administrators comfortable with using Lambda to execute business logic!
See below for more details. Enjoy!
Here are some additional references:
Function code: http://pastebin.com/mcAxrkdw
1) Jeff Barr’s Blog @ AWS is a good source for new announcements, interesting use cases, and much more: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/category/aws-lambda/
2) CloudSploit’s write up on how they made their whole company serverless with some insights on the savings they’ve seen:
3) A deep dive into developing a serverless application and many of the considerations that need to be made. Written by Mike Watters (https://github.com/zerth): http://tech.adroll.com/blog/dev/2015/11/16/count-things-with-aws-lambda-python-and-dynamodb.html
4) Working with serverless applications is great, but how to you manage such an application over the lifecycle of the app? Michael Wittig (https://twitter.com/hellomichibye) answers this question on his blog: https://cloudonaut.io/the-life-of-a-serverless-microservice-on-aws/
5) Could it get any easier!? The innovation has just begun! Check out AWS’s Python Serverless Microframework: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/developer/preview-the-python-serverless-microframework-for-aws/
I hope you enjoyed. If you have feedback or questions, leave them here!